Sunday, 29 August 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane 1

So yet again I am making preparations to leave the land of the long white cloud.  I have the UK visa (also known as "The very expensive sticker" in my passport.  I have my tickets booked - Wellington to Napier.  Spend a couple of weeks with peeps I love.  Then on October 15th Napier - Auckland and then Auckland to Heathrow via Hong Kong.


I like flying via Hong Kong it's generally shorter and you can get out and walk about the massive complex that is Hong Kong International.  Compared to LAX it's heaven.  Although I must say Singapore-Changai was really nice but AirNZ (who were cheapest) doesnt fly through Singapore on the way to London.   Am excited must say.  Just organising little things now such as getting a new drivers license and possibly organising a little care package for me to be posted before I leave NZ but in time to be back in time for the postie to deliver it to me.   Have been looking at jobs in the UK and writing apps - Yay - hope the job is forthcoming quickly!

And of course I have made a list of books that may accompany me on the plane :D at the moment it is only two: The Passage and Americans in Paris.   

S.

No comments: