Wednesday, 16 December 2009

So this is Christmas...

And what have I done?  Well Santa John I have been quite productive I think.  I made sloe gin and raspberry gin, apple and hawthorne jelly (hawthorne's I picked myself), hawsin dipping sauce, apple and red pepper chutney, chocolate christmas cake balls, cranberry and spiced squash christmas muffins and I just put up the christmas lights :).  Christmas lights always make me feel good.  I brought some lovely fresh cranberries when I was at borough market, which went into the freezer and I used in the muffins, but now Im thinking I want to make some fruit bread for christmas morning.   Lots of lovely fruity toast with drippy marge yum!  Am searching for the right recipe as we speak - I'm looking at this one but with some major tweaks - no saffron or almonds - I want it a bit more like hot cross buns with a heap more fruit.  Actually I have found this one which will just be made into a loaf but with lots more fruit.

S.

No comments: